How to Sell Your House: The Must-Have Checklist
Selling and buying a house is one of the most stressful things you will do in your life as your home is likely to be your largest financial investment. If you’re looking for some useful pointers to help you sell your house as quickly as possible then the checklist below will ensure you’ve given your home the best possible chance of selling.
Freshen up and complete jobs
– Make sure that any unfinished jobs in the house however large or small have been completed such as missing handles on doors or wonky shelves and give any tired walls a lick of paint and replace missing or broken tiles.
Spring clean the house
– Make your home spotless by giving it a thorough clean, from kitchen cupboards and surfaces to curtains, carpets and walls – it’s important for your home to look impeccable to impress potential buyers.
Give it kerb appeal
– First impressions count and the garden and front of the property will be the first thing people notice so ensure that your garden looks tidy; clear away any litter around your property, clean the windows and clear out your gutters. For more information on how to give your property kerb appeal, visit the Channel 4 website.
– It’s important for potential buyers to be able to see themselves living in your home so clear away daily clutter and personal items and leave the house looking as neutral and minimal as possible so that potential buyers can clearly imagine their belongings in the property.
Choosing an agent
– Always seek at least three evaluations from estate agents and don’t necessarily choose the agent who offers the highest evaluation – look for their knowledge of the local area, how active they are in the market and what their terms are before signing. For more information on how to choose an agent, visit the National Association of Estate Agents.
With this simple checklist, you should be on the way to making sure that your house has an excellent chance of being sold and you have the support of a reputable and successful estate agent.